DETAILS FOR THE FUNERAL OF THE LATE 24935549 WO2 IAN FISHER 3 MERCIAN (STAFFORDS)
1. Background. 24935549 WO2 IAN FISHER was Killed in Action whilst serving on Op HERRICK 19 on 05 Nov 13. This instruction outlines the details for his Funeral, the Act of Committal and the Reception in Lichfield, on 3 Dec 13.
1. Attendance. The family extends the invitation to the service at Lichfield Cathedral to all those wishing to attend and remember WO2 Fisher. The Act of Committal will be for family members only. The family extends the invitation to the reception to family, friends and those members of the Regiment who were close to WO2 Fisher at the George Hotel after the service. The remainder of the Regimental family can clearly gather at the Kings Head Public House in Lichfield.
2. Visiting Officer. The Visiting Officer remains WO2 Cron LAD 3 MERCIAN.
3. Letters of Condolence. The addresses for any correspondence remains as follows:
Maj Neil Kelly (WO2 Fisher’s OC)
Maj JA Faux
Chief of Staff
3/215 Brigade Advisory Team
Lt Col Chris Davies (WO2 Fisher’s CO)
CO 3 MERCIAN (STAFFORDS)
3/215 Brigade Advisory Team
BFPO 792 Family:
Mrs Emma Fisher – (Wife)
Capt D Travis
Unit Welfare Officer
3 MERCIAN (STAFFORDS)
4. Funeral. The funeral will take place in Lichfield Cathedral on 3 Dec 13.
a. Timings. The funeral cortege will arrive at 1050 and the service will commence at 1100. All mourners are requested to be seated from 1000 hrs, but No Later Than 1040 hrs.
b. Parking. Due to the location of the church, parking on site is restricted to close family and Bearer/Firing Party, to which passes will be issued. Full Colonels and above only are to park at RHQ Lichfield with onwards transport arranged by the undersigned. All other personnel attending are advised to use one of the following car parks that are within walking distance:
(1) Bird St Car Park WS13 6AB (Note: Standard Bearer RV)
(2) Frog Lane Multi-Storey car Park WS13 6YY
c. Seating. Reserved seating will be set aside for family, friends, senior military and civic representatives. At the service, ushers and sidesmen will advise on the seating plan.
d. Service. The service will be conducted jointly by The Very Revd Adrian Dorber Dean of Lichfield Cathedral, Padre Joe Mairrara 3 Mercian and The Precentor The Revd Canon Wealands Bell and will last approx 1 hour.
e. Dress. All serving members of the Armed Forces are asked to wear Service Dress/ No. 2/ FAD with No.1 Dress Hat, Sam Browne, medals and no swords. Mourning Bands are only to be worn by Officers and Warrant Officers on the left arm, above the elbow. Those without uniform are invited to wear jacket and Regimental tie.
f. Flowers & Wreaths. Mrs Fisher has requested donations in lieu of flowers to be addressed to ‘The Mercian Regimental Charity’ care of Salt & Son Funeral Directors, 28 Bridge St. Newcastle-under-Lyme ST5 2RY. Tel. 01782 617073.
g. Bearer Party and Firing Party. The Bearer Party will be commanded by WO2 Worboys and the firing party by CSgt Rushton.
h. Standard Bearers. The Standard bearers are requested to gather at the Bird St Car Park Not Later Than 1000 hrs.
5. Act of Committal. The Act of Committal will be for family only.
6. Reception. The Reception will be held at the The George Hotel, Lichfield for those family and close friends of WO2 Fisher with The Kings head Public House available for all others.